Agrible is seeking an experienced Software Release Manager to coordinate the development and deployment of world-class software systems and tools formed around the convergence of agricultural science with computer science. You will confront broad-ranging intellectual challenges while working with a multi-disciplinary team of highly skilled professionals in a fast-paced environment. Expand your abilities and push your limits as you make intuitive high-level decisions and implement high-quality solutions for the most advanced agricultural predictive analytics system on the planet.
Agrible Inc. is an agricultural analytics business on the leading edge of dynamic soil modeling, crop growth modeling, and weather prediction technology. We are growers, agronomists, scientists, and developers who build world-class software in the heart of the heartland. We’re headquartered in Champaign, Illinois, where it’s only a few steps from the farm gate to our office doors.
- Manage deployment process and schedule to ensure reliable delivery of new features
- Keep track of technical feature release windows and coordinate release sequencing and scheduling with other teams
- Communicate with Product Owners to make sure development teams are focused on high priority features
- Measure and monitor development progress to identify and resolve impediments
- Work with QA to identify, prioritize, and resolve issues affecting production environments
- Review technical documentation to ensure continuity of institutional knowledge
- Maintain a continual improvement process that improves development velocity and software quality
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or related technical field and three years experience is recommended
- Two years experience in a project management, release management, or related role
- Experience in agile software development process
- Understanding of software quality assurance principles
- A technical mindset with great attention to detail
- High quality organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and presentation abilities
- Five years experience in a software release management role
- Experience coordinating releases of web applications in a cloud environment
- Understanding of systems architecture for data-driven applications
The ideal candidate will possess excellent interpersonal skills, exceptional verbal and written communication skills, and have excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills. You must have the ability to communicate effectively with internal staff and key decision makers; be well organized and structured in a deadline-driven environment; have experience troubleshooting a wide variety of technical topics; and the ability to communicate technical topics in an easy-to-understand manner.
We offer a competitive wage, excellent benefits, and a great working environment in our Champaign, IL headquarters. Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Join the electric culture of an agricultural tech startup located in the heart of US agriculture that is trying to make a global difference.
Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please add the area of need and the position title in the subject line of the email and include your resume and cover letter establishing your experience/qualifications for the criteria outlined above.
Agrible, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer