Agrible is seeking an experienced Senior Software Engineer for Natural Systems to build world-class software systems and tools formed around the convergence of agricultural science with computer science. You will confront broad-ranging intellectual challenges while working with a multi-disciplinary team of highly skilled professionals in a fast-paced environment. Expand your abilities and push your limits as you make intuitive high-level decisions and implement high-quality solutions for the most advanced agricultural predictive analytics system on the planet.
Agrible Inc. is an agricultural analytics business on the leading edge of dynamic soil modeling, crop growth modeling, and weather prediction technology. We are growers, agronomists, scientists, and developers who build world-class software in the heart of the heartland. We’re headquartered in Champaign, Illinois, where it’s only a few steps from the farm gate to our office doors.
• Collaborate with a cross-functional team to determine requirements for new software products or feature upgrades
to existing software products
• Transfer prototypes into production software with attention
to system integration, feasibility, and functional soundness
• Develop test scenarios to ensure software meets all functional requirements as well as requirements for quality, security, modifiability, extensibility etc.
• Approve final product before deployment and manage the release process
• Successfully communicate implementation decisions, trade offs, and testing results to the development team and product owners
• Maintain historical records by documenting program implementation and revisions
• Provide technical guidance and coaching to developers and engineers
• Master’s in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
plus five years experience, or Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field plus ten years experience
• Proven experience as software engineer
• Experience in software development and coding in Python
• Excellent knowledge of software and application design and architecture
• Excellent knowledge of object oriented programming
• Understanding of software quality assurance principles
• A technical mindset with great attention to detail
• High quality organizational and leadership skills
• Outstanding communication and presentation abilities
• Experience with MapReduce and other Big Data programming models
• Experience with cloud computing solutions
• Experience with discrete event simulations
Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Please send a resume and cover letter addressing your salary requirements and establishing your experience/qualifications for the criteria outlined above. Please submit these items to email@example.com.
Location of Position: Champaign, IL
Agrible, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer