Agrible, Inc. is more than the leading independent voice of scientifically-driven recommendations in agriculture. We are a place where you can explore the boundaries of technology, your own potential, and the edges of what can be. We reward innovation, achievement, and conviviality in an environment surrounded by an exceptional team.
Increasing food production 60% by 2050 is a difficult challenge, and we need your help getting there. Put your skills to great use as we deliver science and insights that help feed the world, reaching millions and impacting billions. Agrible is a growing business on the forward edge of agriculture, we move fast, act swiftly, and look to hire those ready for a dynamic, energized, and innovative culture.
We are looking for self-motivated candidates who will utilize skills in computer science, project management, agriculture, software, and internal client relations to serve as a key stakeholder for our infrastructure designs and executions big and small. This position will support infrastructure needs related to the use of Agrible’s awesome technology platform Morning Farm Report.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Involvement in ongoing infrastructure software development through an agile process, taking into account platform capabilities and development priorities.
- Monitoring and maintenance of backend systems including cloud server resources, databases, non-relational data stores, and web applications.
- Coordinate with other teams and leadership in the areas of requirements, platform development, system architecture, deployment process, and software development practices.
- Strong written, electronic, and verbal skills to communicate with Agrible teams regarding requirements, system status, and other development needs.
- Must develop and maintain a strong understanding of Agrible products and roadmap.
Required candidate qualifications include:
- Strong technical background essential for credibility, team presentations, and demonstrations to key decision makers.
- Experience and knowledge of software development process, emerging web and data technologies, software configuration management, and system reliability engineering.
- Technical education related to computer science or related field.
- Ability to work independently as a team advocate while retaining a positive attitude with colleagues working to improve the Agrible experience for all stakeholders.
- Demonstrated technical skills, having previously held positions of increasing responsibility.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills displaying confidence without arrogance and an ability to truly listen to what others are saying.
- Ability to travel and must have a valid driver’s license.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent interpersonal skills, exceptional verbal and written communication skills, and have excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills. You must have the ability to communicate effectively with internal staff and key decision makers; be well organized and structured in a deadline driven environment; have experience troubleshooting a wide variety of technical topics; and the ability to communicate technical topics in an easy to understand manner.
We offer a competitive wage, excellent benefits, and a great working environment in our Champaign, IL headquarters. Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Join the electric culture of an agricultural tech startup located in the heart of US agriculture that is trying to make a difference globally. Drop us an email at email@example.com with your resume and cover letter.
EOE/AA Agrible, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V